Gabriel – a leading supplier of furniture fabrics For 170 years, Gabriel has designed, developed and manufactured high-quality upholstery fabrics building a strong reputation world-wide for exceptional Nordic workmanship, a never-failing attention to detail and a strong environmental awareness. Today, Gabriel is the furniture industry’s preferred partner and supplier of exclusive upholstery fabrics, furniture components, upholstered surfaces and related services to customers around the globe. We are strongly committed to sustainability and consumer safety and meticulously document our environmental performance throughout our supply chain. Our products carry internationally recognised environmental labels empowering our customers to make safe and sustainable choices. The Company employs more than 1100 people globally, and has its head quarter in Aalborg, Denmark.
DesignMaster is Gabriel’s department for design and product development, where new development projects are managed from idea to finished product. The department consists of textile designers, textile engineers and project managers, who all work together in the process of designing and developing new products and innovative solutions in close collaboration with external partners.
The DesignMaster team is looking for a new engineer to support the continues development of new fabrics and upholstery solutions. The development of new fabrics includes a wide range of textile technologies, and as engineer you will be in close dialogue with our suppliers to manage and execute a range of different development projects.
During the development projects, we work closely together with our customers, and you will also support the activities directly towards customers for researching and evaluating their future needs and working together with the team of designers to find strong and innovative solutions.
Research, development and test of new fabrics and upholstery solutions
As an engineer in DesignMaster you will be a link between the customers’ needs and requirements and the development of new products. As a specialist, you will bring value through your technical and functional expertise, and by developing solutions together with our suppliers and internal design team.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Working on development projects for new upholstery fabrics with key responsibility of the functional and technical solutions
- Preparation, planning and evaluation of prototypes and sample production
- Defining, testing, and documenting product specifications and environmental profiles
- Testing of fabrics through upholstery trials to define the functional values of new fabric designs
- Participate in researching new trends, technologies, materials, and innovative upholstery solutions
- Participate in customer projects, where you together with internal and external design teams develop new fabrics or upholstery solutions.
You will work at the headquarter in Denmark and you will travel aproxx. 30 days per year.
A solution orientated engineer with a passion for product development and textiles
The successful applicant is an engineer with a relevant master’s degree within textiles, materials, or design.
You have experience with product design processes and textile production or textile technologies (weaving, knitting, and finishing processes) and preferable min. 2 years of work experience. It will be a benefit if you also have knowledge of experimental processes or innovation, which makes you able to translate problems or challenges into new solutions.
Your creative and technical thinking goes hand in hand. As a person you are solution oriented and are able to solve problems and manage complex projects through systematical and structured processes. You balance your technical expertise with a business-oriented focus, and is a valued team player, who thrives in working in cross-disciplinary teams. You have knowledge of and interest in circular economy and sustainability.
You are fluent in English and have strong communication skills: Colleagues and customers value your ability to listen, to bring in new perspectives and to present ideas.
We offer you
- A solid value-based company with a strong and positive culture and a global growth mindset.
- An opportunity to work with several parallel projects and contribute to the development of new products and solutions together with some of the world’s leading high-end brands.
- Great possibility of professional development and further specialization within the textile business.
- An innovative and international company with a strong focus on both professional and individual development.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter candidate.hr-manager.net.